06 January 2013

The Coronation Dashiki tee


The Coronation Collection was one of my most creative and spiritually connecting collections. This collection was born from research I was doing on Traditional Ethiopian garments. My first creation was the Ithiopia dashiki tee, and that lead me to find deeper meaning in the garments of HIM Haile Selassie I and Empress Menen.

The way we dress is a direct reflection of who we are and what we want to represent as people. The Coronation Dashiki tee is intricately hand-painted with pride, and is intended to be worn by prideful people!

This Coronation Dashiki tee is special because it is an abstract replica of the regalia worn by Emperor Haile Selassie I and Empress Menen Asfaw on their Coronation day. This dashiki is the signature piece of the Coronation Collection.

The Harar Dashiki tee is a special addition to the Coronation Collection. It celebrates the Coronation Day, in a more subtle, yet regal way. The Harar design is named after the place of Emperor Haile Selassie I's birth, the province of Harar, Ethiopia on July 23, 1892

No comments: