08 January 2011

I-Octane: Sickkk...

Name: Byiome "I-Octane" Muir
Origins: Sandy Bay, Clarendon, Jamaica
Influences: Bob Marley, Beres Hammond, Buju Banton, Sizzla, Beenie Man, Spragga Benz, Assasin, etc.
Similar Artists: Garnett Silk, Luciano, Warrior King, Zamunda, Munga

One of the most talented and innovative artists of his time I-Octane will most likely be added to the honorary list of Reggae and Dancehall legends. Only in his early 20s, his music is a breath of fresh air to those looking for an artist who fuses culture with a contemporary sound in order to fuel his message. With hits like "Lose a Friend", "My Life", "Bloodstain", and "This is Real [Pressure]" I-Octane uses his naturally raspy yet melodic voice to advocate against issues including poverty, violence and the struggles of African people. We are looking forward to hearing more from this young artist, who seems to be taking over the Reggae world one hit after another.





I-Octane by omegadivine

No comments: